Meet The Resource Queen: Life Coach Sydney Sage

by Michael Strickland

With the large amount of life coaches advertising services on the web, it may seem like a crowded field that is almost impossible to navigate. How can you choose one that is sure to be strong, insightful, effective, and most importantly, be a fit?  For starters, check out the unique and inspiring journey of Sydney Sage.

"What motivated me to get into coaching was years ago when I was in school to be a nurse, I came across the concept of online health coaching and fell in love with the idea of deeply helping others heal and be healthy without leaning so heavily on modern medicine., Sydney says. 

"As I studied health coaching some years went by and the idea went on the back burner," she continues. "Then when COVID hit I got back into studying it and was looking to get certified when I came across life coaching. I realized that I was more interested in helping others on the emotional and mental level; also helping people with reaching their goals and dreams. I believe every physical ailment manifests mentally and emotionally before it does physically, so this was a way for me to deeply help others in a multitude of ways."

Her stories are powerful. Here are two examples in Sydney's words:

Well there was one time with a 3 month client when I didn't feel that she was getting many tangible results, so about halfway through our program I decided to check in with her and ask her of what benefits and positive changes she had noticed. She exclaimed happily all the different types of benefits and changes she had been seeing in her life (ones that I had not noticed) and how happy she was that she decided to work with me. It made me realize although I may not see ALL the great changes my clients experience, they are there!

Another wild experience was when a 3 month client came to me not knowing if she should end her 6 year relationship or not. It was a pretty heavy topic for her, and she got emotional in our session. I comforted her and asked her what success would feel like for her at the end of our session, and she wanted clarity and support on what to do. As the session went on and she gave me more information, we co-created an action plan that felt good, an amount of time to give it her all while enrolling in therapy to help her with her inner work on an even deeper level. She left the call no longer crying, and felt supported and happy that we came to an agreement on what would feel good for her moving forward. It just goes to show to trust the process and training I've received and that it can help any client with any type of coaching request they may bring to me!

And on December 20, Sydney shared this sage advice on Facebook:

I was so unhappy in my last relationship that I used to take 1-3 baths daily & completely submerge myself underwater for as long as I could in order to escape into pure silence and warmth and darkness.
I went to hot springs at night alone, staring up at the stars; surrendering to the universe, connecting to it; wondering WTF I should do.
Do I stay? Do I leave? Do I keep trying? How long is too long? Isn’t 2 years long enough?
It’s really hard to know when to leave a relationship. But there are a few things that I learned from my last one;
* self betrayal is the worst thing I could have done
* if we’re unhappy the majority of the time, there’s a serious problem
* if I did ALL I could do in the relationship AND my own inner work and still nothing has changed then the other person doesn’t want this as much as I do
* Sometimes we seek partners that allow us to re-live our most extreme childhood pain & trauma (mine was being abandoned, ignored, and left) because we WANT to feel that familiar misery even though it hurts and chances are your partner is re-living theirs too
* Getting an outside perspective from a therapist, friends, life coaches is VERY helpful (telling the whole truth about what’s going on is imperative with this one - if there are things so bad you don’t even want to share, you should because chances are those alone are reasons enough to call it quits and your support system will validate you)
* Remember that when you make the hard choice to let go, there WILL be space made for something fucking amazing on the other side
* Surrendering to the temporary intense pain from a breakup is better than long-term suffering that will inevitably NOT end if you’re with the wrong person for you
I hope any of this helps people who are in the tough spot of “I don’t f***ing know”.
If you need loving guidance, outside perspective, your limiting beliefs challenged, and a fierce support system, a professional life coach to help you map out how you can navigate this transition as painlessly as possible, please reach out to me.
I’ve been there, you are not alone, and there IS a way out of pain and into a much better life. It doesn’t have to be this hard.

Learn more about Sydney and get in touch at: https://linktr.ee/Sydneysage22

Comments

Unknown said…
Yess! Love this! Sydney is an incredible coach. She's helped me through some tough stuff and absolutely helped me hit goals & raise the bar. I think everyone should hire her lol